Saturday, June 6, 2009

More Basic Grey and LOAD Contest!

Here is my next project I made with the Urban Prairie papers that I bought:

The rest of these layouts are a few of my layouts for the June LOAD (layout a day) contest at Scrapdango. Come join us at www.scrapdango.net! I don't know how I'm going to manage next week, as I am going for surgery, but for now I am actually keeping up. Yay me!

Friday, June 5, 2009

Basic Grey Bug

I have officially caught the Basic Grey bug. Before I started scrapbooking for myself, and before I went online to look at scrapbook blogs and websites I had no idea what Basic Grey was. I have been eyeing the Urban Prairie Collection for months! There was a little bit of it left at my LSS and I used some of the line to make my sisters grad present. Last night I was at Michaels and the paper pack was on sale, so I bought it!! Yay!

When I got home, I went right to making a card with it.
I can't wait to get home to scrapbook some more

Monday, June 1, 2009

My Sisters Graduation

My sister's highschool graduation was yesterday. The grad ceremony was actually alot shorter than I expected, which was nice, because mine dragged on for so long, the principal of this school just motored through everyone's names. It was still really hot inside though!!

I made these gifts, and this card for her, a photo box and a note tin. This was my first attempt at making an altered project, and it didn't really go as planned. The first box I tried to cover, I put paper all the way over the corners and everything, so there was none of the box exposed, but then it made really ugly wrinkles and bumps in the paper where the box opened and closed, so I had to start over. The second time around, I painted the box a coordinating color, and then measured out each piece for each surface of the box, that worked much better. Then after everything was attached I put modge podge over top. The tin worked a little better, Steve spray painted it first with acrylic model paint, and then I attached that paper with super tacky double sided tape. Then sprayed it all with a sealer. TFL!