Template

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Advent Calendar

Steve and I always get an advent calender, one of those cheap ones that has the chocolates in the plastic mold that you pop out.  This year I was looking up ideas for making my own advent calendar.  I had seen the KaiserCraft and Karen Foster premade ones that you decorate, and while I really liked that idea, they were a hard to find, and cost too much to ship.  In my search I found this great idea for an advent calendar using a mini muffin pan.  All you need is adhesive magnet sheets, patterned paper, numbers and whatever embellishments you want...oh and of course a mini muffin tin.  You put the chocolates or whatever you want into the muffin spots, and then cover it with a 2 1/4 inch magnet square.  I had made mine a few weeks ago, but just finished loading it up with chocolates today.  Hershey's kisses fit fairly well.

Here it is:
(I used the SnowDay collection from Crate Paper)

No comments:

Post a Comment